The mission of Reading Little League Baseball is to encourage the youth of our
community in developing the qualities of leadership, teamwork, discipline, and
commitment. Sports are one of the greatest resources for our youth to have fun
and learn many critical life skills. Through competition, we look to inspire
boys and girls to enhance their physical, mental, social, and interpersonal
To achieve this mission, we must have the interest and development of our
children at heart. Our primary focus is on helping players develop as a person,
teammate, and baseball player. Team records and other accolades are secondary.
By delivering on these principles, we look to attract player and volunteer
participation, with the goal of keeping them coming back year after year.
Goals and Guiding Principals
- Create a fun and safe environment for our youth to learn and develop the
fundamentals of baseball.
- Promote sportsmanship, competitiveness, and continuous improvement regardless
of skill level.
- Develop managers, coaches, and umpires that model good sportsmanship and
uphold the mission of the league.
- The league personnel, parents, volunteers, and all participants share the
responsibility of making Reading Little League Baseball a safe and rewarding
The Reading Way – Coaches
Our program relies on a large number of volunteers, and coaching is a privilege.
When volunteering, coaches should aspire to exemplify the following principles:
- Value creating a fun little league experience for all players.
- Demonstrate an interest in their players and has a positive influence on all
players within the league.
- Emphasize the development of all players and their team as a whole.
- Lead by example by showing respect for players, umpires, opposing coaches,
opposing players, and parents.
- Focus on positive reinforcement to develop resilient players versus magnifying
The Reading Way – Players
Reading Little League baseball players should aspire to exemplify the following
- Focus on hustle, strong fundamentals, and a team-first attitude.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Be resilient and play with a love for baseball.
- Have respect for their coaches, umpires, opposing coaches, and opposing
The Reading Way – Parents
Families are the lifeblood of our program. Reading Little League baseball
parents/guardians should aspire to exemplify the following characteristics:
- An understanding that this is 5-12 year old baseball and not the last game of
the World Series.
- Respect all coaches, umpires, opposing coaches, and opposing players.
- Dedicate their time, whether by volunteering or some other manner, to help
build a great program.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and root for both teams.
- Do not emphasize wins over losses.
- Focus on the development of their child.
The Reading Way – Board of Directors
Members of the Reading Little League Board of Directors members should aspire to
exemplify the following characteristics:
- Desire to leave the board better than they found it.
- Be a role model for parents, players, coaches, and umpires.
- Devote their time and energy to create a positive influence for their